How to Decorate a Room on a Shoestring
If you could hide an interior design and completely remodel your living room, it would be ideal. But, let’s face it, that might be very costly.
That doesn’t mean that you can’t make it look much better in your current room.
We have here simple yet low-cost decorating tips that just that will achieve.
- Over your worn sofa or chair, place a covering. It can make a dramatic difference to a simple throw blanket placed at an angle.
- Plants, whether real or artificial, make any room look better. Don’t just exaggerate it.
- Do not hide those areas with a problem. Rather, accent them. If the window sill, for example, is worn and aged, place a few antique-looking ornaments on it!
- Just re-do the walls. Moving photos around. Consider adding other decorations to the wall, like plates and mini-shelves.
- Put your favorite hard-cover books in the room around you. In the living room, add illustrated books and kitchen or dining room cookbooks.
- Lamps can go a long way towards improving a room, particularly interesting looking ones.
- Don’t be scared of experimenting. Be bold. Sometimes it creates all the difference by just moving a picture or a piece of furniture.
If you’re looking for an accurate market value for your home, contact us at 401-396-2888 for a free valuation. We’re always glad to help!