How long does it take to buy a house?
If you wonder how long it takes to buy a home, the answer will depend on your circumstance, your priorities, and the place you’re looking to buy. The home buying timeline can vary significantly.
The reason why the timeframe of buying a house varies so much is because of the various factors that can affect the process, such as: how much time it takes you to find your dream house and, of course, how you’re gonna finance your house purchase. Although there is no exact timeline, we have provided estimated ranges, so you know what to expect, and you can deal accordingly.
Buying a house usually includes the following steps:
- Identify what you want at home (within a few days)
- Focus and consider what you can afford (within a few days)
- Financing and get pre-approval (1-2 weeks)
- House hunting (30-60 days)
- Putting in a bid (1-2 weeks) and negotiating
- Underwriting and closing activities (30-60 days)
A good REALTOR® can aide you make the right offer for the property you’re interested in buying. For free valuation, contact us at 401-396-2888. We’re always glad to help!