Go Beyond Property Needs and Wants
When you’re shopping for a new home, you’re probably going to start by thinking about what you need for your next home. A spacious kitchen, three bedrooms, and in the backyard, a mature tree. could be on your list.
Those are property features, and they’re important, of course. But it includes more than just property characteristics to find your next dream home. It also includes getting what you want from the area around you. A house, after all, will not be enjoyable if it is long and agonizing to travel to work from your neighborhood. Therefore, when you’re shopping for a new home, you should also think about:
- The job. How’re you going to get to work? Is public transit located nearby?
- School. Where do your children go to school? Is there a transit or bus service? Will they be able to walk your kids to school?
- Children. Where are your children going to play and hang out? Are there playgrounds and parks nearby?
- Your neighbors. Do the local homeowners seem to be the kind of people that you would like as neighbors?
- Shopping. Where are you going to get your weekly shopping done?
- Hobbies. How far will you be from golf, theater, or other hobbies?
A good REALTOR® can aide you make the right offer for the property you’re interested in buying. For free valuation, contact us at 401-396-2888. We’re always glad to help!