Does Your Home Still Match Your Lifestyle?
Chances are when you bought your current home it was a good match for your lifestyle. It had the necessary space, the features you wanted, and a location that worked for you. But lifestyle, and needs, evolve over the years for most people. Children grow older. Change of jobs or careers. People are getting on with new hobbies and other interests. As a result, your current lifestyle may not match the home that was ideal a few years ago.
That doesn’t necessarily mean shopping for a new home! This may mean that it’s worth looking at the market and seeing what’s possible.
Think about what kind of home your lifestyle would support today.
- How many bedrooms do we need?
- How easy is it to travel to work each day?
- What special features do we want in our home? (Big backyard? Rec room? Quiet area?)
- What do we want nearby? (School? Playground? Walking and biking trails? Shopping? Entertainment? Golf?)
- What else does our home need to support our lifestyle?
Ask other family members for their opinions after asking yourself some of these critical questions.
You may find the property you now own is still ideal for your lifestyle.
However, if your home isn’t a good fit anymore, You can stay in your current home, although it isn’t ideal anymore. You can make some modifications (maybe a renovation), or you can see what’s available in the housing market. A good REALTOR ® can help you make the right offer for the property you wish to buy. For a free valuation, contact us at 401-396-2888. We’re always glad to help!