Can You Afford the Home You Want?
Can you afford to buy the house that you truly want? Some things
to consider here:
- What kind of home would you like? In what kind of area do you want to live? In a home, what characteristics and features do you need? (3 bedrooms? A big living room to enjoy? A big enough backyard for a garden?)
- What homes currently match those criteria on the market? Are there some for sale properties that are close to what you’re looking for? What are the listing prices for them? How much will it cost, realistically speaking, to buy one of those homes?
- How much can you expect to get, realistically, for the sale of your current property?
- How much of a mortgage will you need? How does that compare with the mortgage for which you qualify?
- When selling your current property and buying your new home, what additional costs will you incur? (Moving, home inspection, repairs and renovations, closing costs, etc., for instance,)
Chances are, there is a home you can afford on the market and just right for you. A good REALTOR® can aide you make the right offer for the property you’re interested in buying. For free valuation, contact us at 401-396-2888. We’re always glad to help!